ALD is a worldwide leader in B2B and B2C mobility solutions with over 6,500 employees active in 43 countries, and around 1.8 million vehicles currently under ownership. Our history in Germany dates back over 50 years. In that time, we have achieved a market-leader position, offering our customers not just full-service leasing, but sustainable and innovative mobility services, along with the technology that makes carefree mobility a reality. As a team, we live by our core values – focus on customer service, innovation, team spirit and responsibility.
Software Engineer (f/d/m) Frontend
As Software Engineer (f/d/m) Frontend you’ll be working closely with our UX- and Service Designers, Product Managers and of course other Engineers to create stunning experiences for our customers and partners. Joining with local and remote business and technology teams, you will develop a deep expertise of our business and learn how to build the right products, integrating upstream backends easily. Further on you will support people within and outside your team to improve through expert advice and knowledge-sharing. You will be a part of a team shaping the future of mobility through your ideas, actions and results.
- ALD’s digital unit works inward and outward to disrupt and transform both the organisation in how it works and our business models. As an internal Center of Excellence, we are well equipped with all of the right roles to fulfill our mission as a cross-functional team – Service and UX Design, Engineering and Product Management.
- We act as a role model within the organisation to transform our internal partners.
- We challenge the status-quo on a daily basis and break new ground along our way to fulfill our mission of care-free mobility.
- We develop successful products on both a national and international stage.
As we pick the right tool for the challenge at hand, our technology stack is continually evolving. Currently our frontends are handcrafted with React, Angular and Vue.js. Backend services are based on Kotlin, Java and Golang with SQL and NoSQL. Infrastructure and Continuous Delivery are powered by Azure Pipelines, Kubernetes and GitOps (Flux CD). Our cloud providers are currently Azure and IBM Cloud Private (you know, Compliance…). To manage our work, we use “Portfolio Kanban” and improve continuously.
- Design and implement state-of-the-art products using design concepts, methodologies and technologies that best suited to solve the challenge at hand.
- Continuously improve yourself and your team in product quality and engineering productivity by designing flexible, secure and resilient solutions, writing easy-to-understand, maintainable and welltested code.
- Establish excellence on product delivery and quality within Hamburg and beyond.
- Shape the mobility of tomorrow.
- You are hands-on and passionate about customer focused software and products.
- You feel comfortable being responsible for the entire frontend stack, including designing the application architecture and puddling for production.
- You have advanced experience with various frontend frameworks – currently were are using React with CRA/Next.js with TypeScript.
- You communicate effectively with various audiences in written and spoken English and German.
- You know how to deliver well-tested, customer-facing web applications with a focus on usability and performance across many devices.
- You are collaborative and love working directly with user interface designers and user experience researches to deliver the best possible solutions.
- You promote knowledge sharing, close collaboration and constant improvement.
- You are driving to outcomes, take ownership and accountability. You get things done.
- You have experience integrating compliance and regulatory requirements (e.g. BaFin) into the product delivery lifecycle seamlessly.
- You have worked on with authentication solutions and know how to integrate them – we use Auth0.
- You automate and reduce waste wherever it makes sense.
- You know how to own the path to production using Continuous Delivery / Continuous Integration.
- Work in a collaborative, value-driven and multidisciplinary team to build best-in-class experiences for our customers.
- Build visionary products from day one – backed by an established, international and profitable organisation.
- Make a difference and be bold as a part of an ambitious and diverse team.
- Grow, learn and develop yourself personally and professionally. Autonomy, flexibility and empowerment are at our core.
- Enjoy excellent working conditions, tools and environments, e.g. free choice of hardware, flexible hours, remote work, generous educational budged (conferences, books etc.).